Don’t miss the upcoming 39th Midwest Heritage Quilt Show!
The show will be held from July 1 to July 31 at the Vermilion County Museum at 116 N. Gilbert Street in Danville, IL.
Call 217-442-2922 for more information.
Sponsored by: Threads of Time Creative Sewing & Retreat Center, 207 S. Buchanan Street, Danville, Illinois
Anyone wanting to enter can bring a maximum of two articles to the Museum from June 10th through June 23rd, during regular hours. Items entered last year are not eligible. Quilts will be displayed throughout the month of July. Entries can be delivered early by calling the Museum and making arrangements. Quilts will be available for pick up August 2nd.
Entry fee – $5.00 per item, critique included
Museum Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10 AM to 4 PM, Closed Sunday, Monday and Holidays
Door fee for the show: $5.00 per adult; Children 17 and under free.
Judges will award ribbons in the following categories:
1. Bed Quilts (Crib, twin, or larger)
d. Mixed/Other (Using more than one technique, such as both piecing and applique. Other is using techniques such has whole quilted cloth, embroidery, kits, stenciled, colored or painted.)
e. Antique – finished prior 1921
2. Lap Quilts (Not for a bed, not used as wall hanging)
3. Panels (Quilts using a pre-printed fabric as its main focus)
4. Wall Hangings (Entered with permanent or temporary sleeves or clips—our dowels are 1 inches in diameter.)
b. Art/Modern (Inspired by modern design, often using bold colors and prints, high contrast, and unique piecing and applique techniques.)
5. Machine Embroidery
7. Household (includes pillows, table runners, & novelties)
8. Young Quilt Maker (Item made by individual 18 years or younger)
For participants - Quilt Submission Form.